My philosophy is that “informed choice” leads to a positive birth experience. I take great pride in supporting women in their decisions about their pregnancies and their births. As your doula, I will provide you with the support, confidence, and care you need during your birth experience and throughout your first days and weeks as a new family.
From a young age, I have been both fascinated by and absorbed in the fields of childhood development and infant care. My background in these areas includes:
- A diploma in Early Childhood Education from Holland College
- A Bachelor of Applied Arts in Child and Youth Studies from Mount Saint Vincent University
- Doula training, DONA International (2008)
- Postpartum doula training, DONA International (2014)
- Lamaze Childbirth Education course (2016)
As a doula, I have had the privilege of witnessing not only the births of many beautiful babies, but also the creation of new families. I believe that every expecting mother deserves unconditional emotional, physical, and spiritual support throughout pregnancy and labour. I help and encourage women to find their inner strength, leading to joyous and empowering births.
In addition to my extensive work with new mothers and their families, I am the proud mom of two amazing children, Jasper and Fiona, and wife to loving husband, James.