Grandparent Classes! Because, well, things have changed!
Congratulations, you’re going to be a grandparent! This is such an exciting time for your entire family, and you are no doubt filled with joy… and lots of questions!
The parenting landscape has changed significantly in the past 30 years. From “skin-to-skin” to “tummy time,” your own child’s generation is looking at childbirth and childrearing in a whole new light.
At the same time, this generation of grandparents is proven to be embracing its new role with excitement and enthusiasm! So, Embrace Doula is offering a class tailored for curious and involved grandparents who want ask questions and feel prepared for the arrival of their own child’s little bundle!
This one-day, informal, discussion-based class will focus on:
- Shared wisdom and learning’s from grandparents’ own experiences
- Prenatal care
- Childbirth education
- The latest information on newborn care
- Car seat safety
- Playing with baby
- Sleep routines
- Updates on products and trends
- Tips on babysitting/baby sleepovers
And will answer questions like:
- What can I do to support my own child during pregnancy? What about during labour? And once the baby is born?
- Why is my daughter talking about needing to put the baby on her back to sleep? Won’t the baby choke?
- I was always told that as long as a baby is fed and clean, it is fine for her to cry – Aren’t this generations’ babies’ becoming spoiled by always being picked up?
- Why is there such a big movement towards breastfeeding? My child was formula-fed and did just fine.
- My daughter seems very concerned about whether the baby should be swaddled – why are there so many different opinions about this, and which one is right?
- What are the key things I can do to help my child adjust to being a parent, and to enjoy the experience of being a grandparent to the fullest?
To make the most of the incredibly special new relationship you are about to enter, and to best-support your own child as they journey into parenthood, being up-to-date on childcare information and being on the same page as your own adult child is so beneficial. At the end of this class, you will have had a chance to explore new ideas about parenting, and will feel prepared for the unique and wonderful roll of being a grandparent.
Dates: October 12th from 6-9pm OR November 5th from 8-11am
Location: Fiddleheads in Dartmouth
Time: 3 hours
Cost: $60 for two people
To register call Fiddleheads Kids Shop at 902 – 406 – 4220