If you are a first-time parent, or an experienced parent who wants to feel better-prepared for the birth of your child, a prenatal class is an excellent way to help you feel confident and well-informed as you approach childbirth.
As a Certified Childbirth Educator, I offer non-biased information, support, encouragement, guidance, referrals, and education to families during pregnancy.
Classes include information on the following topics and are presented in a variety of methods, including group discussions, videos, and hands-on activities:
* Healthy pregnancies
* The biology of labour and birth
* Birth options
* Comfort measures, including tools for both natural and medicated pain relief
* Newborn care and breastfeeding
* Community Resources
* Prepare you for birth, boost your confidence, and dispel many myths about labour
* Empower expectant women and their partners to make informed decisions
* Inform expectant parents about early parenthood challenges such as breastfeeding, handling fatigue, and basic infant care
* Educate partners and help them understand the mechanics of labour
* Provide an unbiased space to learn about all of your labour options
Taught by a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Instructor.
The Truths about Lamaze
Think Lamaze is just about breathing? No way! The truth? It is so much more.
So, what is “more”? What are the truths around Lamaze?
- Lamaze is about so much more than just breathing. Lamaze is about increasing a mother’s confidence in her ability to give birth. By teaching coping strategies to be used during labour – including movement, positioning, massage, use of heat and cold, and, yes, focused breathing – Lamaze classes help women prepare for and learn about their innate ability to give birth.
- Lamaze helps women respond to labour pain. Lamaze does not promise a birth without pain; instead, Lamaze teaches women to use movement, position changes, massage, and other strategies to understand their pain and respond to it in a way that increases their comfort and facilitates labour.
- Lamaze is for everyone. Whether your birth plan includes absolutely no mention of an epidural, or whether you feel epidural analgesia may be the right option for you, Lamaze classes are about becoming informed to make decisions that are best for your family at the time of pregnancy and labour. Lamaze classes provide parents with the knowledge, skills, and support they need to give birth with confidence and to enjoy the experience of their child’s birth.
I am very excited for you to attend my Childbirth Education Classes. When you register for these classes I require pre-registration and I will reserve a spot just for you!
Dates: January 22nd – March 6th, 2018
Location: Joyful Sounds Music Studio, Fall River, (10 min from Dartmouth and 13 min from Clayton Park)
Cost: $250 per couple
Dates: April 9th – May 14th, 2018
Location: Joyful Sounds Music Studio in Fall River, (10 min from Dartmouth and 13 min from Clayton Park)
Cost: $250 per couple