Embrace a New Birth
Preparing for Baby, Birth and Beyond
with Embrace Doula and New Birth Doula Halifax
If you are a first-time parent, or an experienced parent who wants to feel better-prepared for the birth of your child, a prenatal class is an excellent way to help you feel confident and well-informed as you approach childbirth.
As Certified Childbirth Educators, we offer non-biased information, support, encouragement, guidance, referrals, and education to families during pregnancy.
Classes include information on the following topics and are presented in a variety of methods, including group discussions, videos, and hands-on activities:
* Healthy pregnancies
* The biology of labour and birth
* Birth options
* Comfort measures, including tools for both natural and medicated pain relief
* Newborn care and breastfeeding
* Community Resources
* Prepare you for birth, boost your confidence, and dispel many myths about labour
* Empower expectant women and their partners to make informed decisions
* Inform expectant parents about early parenthood challenges such as breastfeeding, handling fatigue, and basic infant care
* Educate partners and help them understand the mechanics of labour
* Provide an unbiased space to learn about all of your labour
Taught by two Lamaze Certified Childbirth Instructors
Question: Isn’t Lamaze all about breathing?
Answer: It’s a myth that Lamaze is all about breathing. The reality is the goal of Lamaze education is to increase a women’s confidence in her innate ability to give birth. Breathing techniques are just one of the many things that help women in labour. We will be exploring all of the options available to help you birth with confidence as well as the six healthy birth practices for a safe and healthy birth.
We are very excited for you to attend our Childbirth Education Classes. When you register for these classes we require pre-registration and we will reserve a spot just for you!
Dates: September 13th – October 18th from 7-9pm
Location: Halifax Vineyard Metro, 1129 Sackville Drive
Cost: $250 per couple