CHILDBIRTH EDUCATION CLASSES
Embrace Doula is excited to announce that there will now be Childbirth Preparation classes being offered at Woodlawn Medical Centre in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
These prenatal classes includes 8-10 hours of preparation (perfect for busy couples!). It will provide parents with support and information as they make choices about their care during pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period. The interactive course will provide you with the tools you need to have a positive and empowering birth experience. You can expect to walk away feeling confident and calm, and excited for labour!
As a Certified Childbirth Educator, I offer non-biased information, support, encouragement, guidance, referrals, and education to families during pregnancy.Classes include information on the following topics and are presented in a variety of methods, including group discussions, videos, and hands-on activities:
* Healthy pregnancies
* The biology of labour and birth
* Birth options
* Comfort measures, including tools for both natural and medicated pain relief
* Newborn care and breastfeeding
* Community Resources
* Prepare you for birth, boost your confidence, and dispel many myths about labour
* Empower expectant women and their partners to make informed decisions
* Inform expectant parents about early parenthood challenges such as breastfeeding,
handling fatigue, and basic infant care
* Educate partners and help them understand the mechanics of labour
* Provide an unbiased space to learn about all of your labour options
Discussion will include:
-Stages of labor
-Questions to ask your care provider
-Newborn Care and feeding
Classes include instruction, hands-on practice, activities, videos, a workbook, handouts and weekly emails. You will be informed, prepared, and supported as you prepare for the birth of your baby. Register for your spot in these prenatal classes today!
Taught by a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Instructor Certified Birth and Postpartum Doula.
November 22th, 29th, December 6th, and 13th, 2018, 6:30-9pm
January 24th, 31st – February 7th, 14th, 2019
Saturday and Sunday
March 30 and 31st, 2019
Registration will open November 9th, 2018