If you are a first-time parent, or an experienced parent who wants to feel better-prepared for the birth of your child, a prenatal class is an excellent way to help you feel confident and well-informed as you approach childbirth.
As a Certified Childbirth Educator, I offer non-biased information, support, encouragement, guidance, referrals, and education to families during pregnancy.
Classes include information on the following topics and are presented in a variety of methods, including group discussions, videos, and hands-on activities:
* Healthy pregnancies
* The biology of labour and birth
* Birth options
* Comfort measures, including tools for both natural and medicated pain relief
* Newborn care and breastfeeding
* Community Resources
* Prepare you for birth, boost your confidence, and dispel many myths about labour
* Empower expectant women and their partners to make informed decisions
* Inform expectant parents about early parenthood challenges such as breastfeeding,
handling fatigue, and basic infant care
* Educate partners and help them understand the mechanics of labour
* Provide an unbiased space to learn about all of your labour options
Taught by a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Instructor Certified Birth and Postpartum Doula.
Saturday and Sundays:
June 16th and 17th, 2018, 9-1pm
October 27th and 28th, 2018, 9-1pm
September 13th, 20th, 27th and October 4, 2018, 6:30-9pm
November 29th, December 6th, 13th and 20th, 2018, 6:30-9pm
Registration opening Monday, May 21st, 2018