Embracing Parenthood: AGAIN. A Prenatal Class Refresher
Embrace Doula is now offering prenatal classes for repeat parents! If you are pregnant for a second (or third, or fourth) time, you may be wondering about the benefits of taking a prenatal class for this new pregnancy, particularly if you completed a childbirth education course during your first pregnancy. Prenatal classes for parents who have already given birth to another child are in fact incredibly valuable, allowing families the opportunity to draw on their previous birth experience to ask new questions and gain different information, and to draw on the varied experiences and many questions of other course participants.
This rewarding, four-hour prenatal workshop is specifically-designed for parents who are expecting their second (or third, or fourth) child, and will provide information and education on issues ranging from birth to breastfeeding, from comfort measures to labouring techniques.
These sessions will help families:
• Approach this birth as a new experience
• Prepare for a smooth delivery
• Discuss with a childbirth educator the elements of their previous birth experience (both the positive and challenging aspects), and examine alternatives to help alleviate those
challenges this time around
• Gain information about policy changes at the IWK Health Centre that may not have been in place during the previous pregnancy
• Explore ideas for sibling introductions
* How to prepare your first baby for sibling-hood
• Gain support for your growing family
Each family will also be provided with a unique and comprehensive PDF Resource Guide to help with your journey through this birth and postpartum experience.
Stay tuned for more dates.
Contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to register.
Lamaze Prenatal Classes with Embrace Doula
Dates: January 22nd – March 6th, 2018, Mondays
Location: Joyful Sounds Music Studio, Fall River, NS
Cost: $250 per couple
Register: Please email email@example.com
Because, well, things have changed!
Congratulations, you’re going to be a grandparent! This is such an exciting time for your entire family, and you are no doubt filled with joy… and lots of questions!
The parenting landscape has changed significantly in the past 30 years. From “skin-to-skin” to “tummy time,” your own child’s generation is looking at childbirth and childrearing in a whole new light.
At the same time, this generation of grandparents is proven to be embracing its new role with excitement and enthusiasm! So, Embrace Doula is offering a class tailored for curious and involved grandparents who want ask questions and feel prepared for the arrival of their own child’s little bundle!
This one-day, informal, discussion-based class will focus on:
- The latest information on newborn care
- Shared wisdom and leanings from grandparents’ own experiences
- Car seat safety
- Playing with baby
- Sleep routines
- Updates on products and trends
- Tips on babysitting/baby sleepovers
And will answer questions like:
- I was always told that as long as a baby is fed and clean, it is fine for her to cry – Aren’t this generations’ babies’ becoming spoiled by always being picked up?
- Why is there such a big movement towards breastfeeding? My child was formula-fed and did just fine.
- What can I do to support my own child during pregnancy? What about during labour? And once the baby is born?
- My daughter seems very concerned about whether the baby should be swaddled – why are there so many different opinions about this, and which one is right?
- What are the key things I can do to help my child adjust to being a parent, and to enjoy the experience of being a grandparent to the fullest?
- Why is my daughter talking about needing to put the baby on her back to sleep? Won’t the baby choke?
To make the most of the incredibly special new relationship you are about to enter, and to best-support your own child as they journey into parenthood, being up-to-date on childcare information and being on the same page as your own adult child is so beneficial. At the end of this class, you will have had a chance to explore new ideas about parenting, and will feel prepared for the unique and wonderful roll of being a grandparent.
Stay tuned for more dates to come.